Monday, March 16, 2009

Welcome

'Roma locuta est. Causa finita est.' This saying, attributed to St Augustine, translated means: Rome has spoken. The matter is settled.
This blog is in honour of Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI and is really an outlet for me to express my view of the world as a Roman Catholic and one struggling to live a life worthy of my calling as a Catholic. I will explore and hope to be engaged, corrected and encouraged by any others that are also on this journey. I do not believe in blind obedience, but I am not a dissenter. I submit myself to the authority of the Magisterium of the Church, Sacred Scripture and Tradition. I am not only spiritual. I am religious. In order to live a mature faith, one must seek to define, however imperfectly, the nature and content of one's belief. Dogma and doctrine are therefore useful, and I would argue, a necessary and even constitutive component of a mature believer's journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment